Sunday, October 19, 2014

Celebrities in business

When I think of celebrities who have started a second career the first person who comes to mind is Michael Jordan. After what many consider as the greatest career in basketball history, Michael Jordan has gained many followers. He has endorsed many companies and items, but the thing that stands out the most to me is his Jordan sneaker line. It is a wildly popular brand of shoe that I believe wouldn't have anywhere near the success if it wasn't for Michael endorsing them. I think an entrepreneur gains credibility when they are able to be endorsed by a celebrity. In my company, Profound Outdoors, we have gained credibility by having several professional anglers use our lures and win major fishing tournaments. I believe that people in the sport of fishing see what their favorite angler is using and they believe that since that angler is using a particular lure, that if they use it they'll automatically increase their chances. I believe that this happens in every other market as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment